Free Bitcoin - Apps - George Garside
About Free Bitcoin
Win BTC every hour with this free bitcoin faucet for freebitcoin! The app uses a random number generator to award bitcoin from a few bits to 0.1 bitcoin per hour!
Uses a 'provably fair' random number generator to award bitcoin randomly. You can verify your rolls using the independent roll replay code which you can run locally on your own computer, coming to the app soon. Every roll has a minimum win which changes daily — you're guaranteed to win bitcoin with each faucet roll adding to your freebitcoin balance!
Withdraw bitcoin to your desired bitcoin address, with Auto-Withdraw every Sunday (≥0.0001 BTC) or on-demand (v3.0). You don't need to run the app for the bitcoin to be withdrawn by the server and paid into your account.
NEW: Earn interest on your bitcoin stored in the app, at 4.08%!
You don't need to run the app to earn interest! Simply maintain at least 0.0003 BTC in your freebitcoin account, then compounded interest is paid every day on the full balance. See Widthdraw above for how to withdraw.
Lottery system with a chance to win over 1.5 BTC every week, with 10 winners selected for various prize levels.
Any tickets that you receive will be automatically entered into the current weekly round. After the round ends, a script on the server will pick 10 winners randomly from the pool of users having tickets in the current round. When the countdown timer runs out, the current lottery draw will end and a new one will begin automatically.
The more tickets a user has, the higher their chance will be of winning a prize. Having more tickets will also increase the chance of winning a bigger prize. A user will not be able to win more than 1 prize in a round (ie. the same user cannot win the first and second prize for example).
The prize money will be credited to the account balance of the winners. An email will also be sent to them to notify them of their win. The lottery system is handled by the server and does not require you to open the app.
★★★★ (4.3) based on 184 ratings.
v3.0 released in June 2017
This is almost a complete rewrite of the app! Entirely new UI, earn interest and view the lottery!
- Earn interest on your bitcoin at 4.08%! View your interest history and watch your bitcoin interest be compounded daily.
- Entirely new UI with pages of information about lottery and interest. View all your account information in the app.
- Toggle the auto withdraw. You can now disable auto withdraw as well as enable it. This is to support the interest feature, since interest is earned on your balance in the app.
- Winnings table; before you roll, see exactly what your current winnings would be, based on the Bitcoin exchange rate.
- Roll hashes provided for independent verification of your rolls.
- You can now change your Bitcoin address from the payout settings screen, as well as view other account information such as your currently logged in email address.
v3.1 coming later 2017
- Push notifications for the roll timer expiration, so you always know when you can roll again.
- Game Center integration to earn achievements for your Game Center account.
v2.0 released in 2016
- Rewritten login and signup UI/UX.
- Rewritten roll UI/UX with a separate roll page and better handling of captcha callbacks.
- Lottery system explanation and info, including the 1st place prize (which increases as more people roll, as described above).
- Shows the maximum possible win before rolling. The minimum and maximum win changes every day, keep checking back!
- Correctly handles re-opening the app before the hour has passed.
- Introduction screen for new users to explain how the app works and to show faucet statistics.
Do you want to help with development? Tweet me or contact support above.
TestFlight betas are available for users, or contribute with writing code to the open source repository.
3.0-b3 (build 304)
This should be the final build before App Store release. Only known bug is with iOS 11 status bar, which I will fix at a later date prior to iOS 11 public release. Please let me know of any issues ASAP.
(303 and 302 have been removed)
3.0-b2 (build 301)
- Fix looping bug when going back to roll page after roll reaches 0m 0s, thanks Ewan
- Added progress bar when rolling, useful for slow network connections
- Show account email address in payout settings, thanks Ewan
- Might fix flash of website before captcha when opening faucet, thanks Ewan; needs more testing
- More obvious notification when signing up that your email needs to be verified, thanks Albert
- 2FA removed, coming back next build, thanks Sergii
- Fix stuck at home page after login, thanks Pitcha
- Auto withdraw properly confirms state on server, thanks Joe
3.0-b1 (build 300)
This is almost a complete rewrite of the app, there's a lot to test!
- Information pages. There's a lot of new information presented to you, about lottery and interest. All this data should be accurate and display correctly without crashing. This absolutely needs testing as much as possible, with the variety of different accounts people have.
- Auto withdraw toggle. It's now possible to disable auto withdraw after enabling it. There's an all new toggle for this and it's important to test this and check the setting ‘sticks’ after closing the app.
- Pre-roll winnings table. Not only does the app show the maximum win, but also each level of roll winnings in a table beneath the faucet button. Check the data is shown correctly formatted.
- Post-roll data. Hashes of the roll are shown below the roll counter. Making sure this always reports correctly is useful in verifying the rolls should someone wish to do so.
- Pull-to-refresh on the main page. Much of the content should update automatically, but if you've been away from the app a while, this stops to conserve battery. Whilst the app does try to detect this, I've implemented pull-to-refresh so that you can force the app data to update. Useful if you've just made changes on the website.
- First user signup. An email should be sent with a link to confirm your bitcoin address. This should be fully functional now.
- Change bitcoin address. You can now change your bitcoin address from the payout settings screen. This is very experimental and needs testing. Don't forget to click the link in the email to confirm the procedure.
- New onboarding. Open the app for the first time to be presented with the new app introduction. (Reinstall the app to experience this if you used the previous version.)
- Login and signup error handling. If you enter your credentials incorrectly, you should get a proper error message informing you of the problem, rather than ‘Authenticating’ forever.
- It's green! There's a green colour scheme, so the navbar should have a green border. Also, the navigation bar should have backdrop blur to match the rest of iOS rather than being opaque. This needs testing on iOS pre-10.